Karnataka EWS certificate Application Form 2022 | Benefits | Eligibility Criteria | Documents Required | Objectives
Hello, guys as we all know what is an EWS certificate and what are its benefits. If you are a resident of Karnataka and want to apply for an EWS certificate then this article is for you. The Government of India passed the EWS bill in 2019 to provide assistance or reservation to the economically backward class people from the general category. Today in this article we will provide the complete details about the Karnataka EWS Certificate such as eligibility criteria, benefits, implementation, how to apply, etc so that it will be easier for you guys to understand and apply for the scheme so be with us till the end of the article.
Karnataka EWS Certificate
EWS stands for economically weaker section. EWS certificate is issued to the economically poor families of the general category whose annual family income is less than Rs 8 lakhs and who do not belong to SC, ST, or OBC. Basically, EWS is a sub-category of the General category.
There are various benefits which the people of EWS categories can avail such as a 10% reservation in the state government jobs, civil posts, and education institutes like NEET, JEE, etc. The central and state government has also started various services and scheme for the people of the EWS category. So if you fall under the EWS section then apply for the EWS certificate as soon as possible to get the benefits of it.
|Karnataka EWS Certificate Highlights|
|About||EWS certificate in Karnataka|
|Launched by||Government of Karnataka|
|Beneficiaries||Residents of the state|
|Official Website||Click Here|
Benefits Of Karnataka EWS certificate
Benefits availed from this certificate are as follows:-
- People with EWS Certificate can avail of 10% reservation in education institutes.
- The EWS certificate holders can get the 10% quota in the state government jobs and the civil post.
- People who belong to the EWS category get age relaxation for government jobs.
- They can avail the benefits of various schemes which are specially stated for the people of economically weaker sections.
- Students belonging to the general category BPL family can get a special type of exemption for education.
- The main purpose of providing an EWS certificate is to provide assistance or reservation to the economically backward class people from the general category.
- The bill was passed to promote equality and eliminate economic weakness, and social backwardness.
Click Here For- Karnataka Income Certificate 2021
- A Resident of Karnataka.
- Applicant from general category.
- Those beneficiaries can apply for EWS Certificate whose annual income is up to eight lakh or less, if the annual income of a person is more than 8,00,000, they cannot avail of the benefit of this scheme.
- People residing in cities should have less than 200 square yards of residential land.
- The people living in the village should have less than 5 acres of residential land, the same people can take advantage of the EWS Certificate.
- Outside the cities, a person must have less than 200 square yards of habitable land.
- Homes should be less than 10 square feet in hilly and rural areas.
Documents Required For Karnataka EWS Certificate
Applicants need to have the following documents to apply for Karnataka EWS Certificate:-
- Aadhaar Card
- Pan card
- Income certificate
- Caste certificate
- Address proof
- Employment Certificates
- Identity Card
- Active mobile number
- Passport size photograph
The EWS Certificate is applicable for 1 year.
Applicants need to follow the following steps in order to enroll for Karnataka EWS Certificate:-
- Firstly applicants need to download the EWS Certificate Application Form. You can click on the link given below to download the form.
EWS certificate in karnataka Application Form
- After downloading the form, you will have to fill in the information asked in the form clearly and then attach all the required documents.
- After adding the document, you have to submit it to the Tehsil of your area or to the District Magistrate / Additional District Officer / Collector / Additional ‘Deputy Commissioner / Tehsildar / Sub-Department Officer.
- After this your application form will be checked by the concerned authorities then your EWS certificate will be issued.
- Thus by following steps you can easily apply for a Karnataka EWS certificate.
Do read our other articles on our website:-Click Here
What is EWS Certificate?
- EWS stands for Economically Weaker Sections. The persons belonging to EWSs who, are not covered under the scheme of reservation for SCs, STs, and OBCs shall get a 10% reservation.
What is the validity of the EWS Certificate?
- It is valid for 1 year, after that you need to renew it.
Note:- How did you like the information provided by us, please let us know in the comment section. For more details of any other scheme stay connected with us on https://yojanapm.in/. Thank you